Tekoa, WA, Church of the Brethren.  It was founded in 1909 as part of the Spokane congregation, although located in Whitman Co.  A. N. Huffman was the first of the Brethren to settle there.  In 1903 members built a two-story churchhouse, with room for Sunday school classes.  H. C. Longanecker was elder at Tekoa and also at Spokane after 1912. Although Tekoa had twenty-seven members at the time of division, it did not thrive as a separate body, Members left for the settlement in Butte Valley, ID and others migrated to new settlements in the Northwest.  Tekoa was disbanded after 1918.

The Brethren Encyclopedia (1983) Vol 2 page 1250  


Return to Previous Page Return to Churches Page  Return to Front Page